Yes, it was a stagecoach road connecting Greenville, Ohio, and Granville, Ohio. Several buildings that still stand in Dublin were built as hotels for travelers along this route. The building at the corner of Bridge Street and High Street, (today’s Donato’s Pizza) 6 South High Street, built in 1832, was one of these. It was built by John Sells and was once known as the Hutchinson Hotel. Further down South High Street is another, Biddies Coach House, which circa 1890 was operated as the Sells Hotel, a coach house. The Black Horse Tavern, today the property at 105-109 South High Street, an historic, large red frame building built in 1842, was a tavern and hotel.
These were not hotels like we think of them today. Generally, people stayed in one large room and slept on the floor wherever there was space.